Tuesday, 16 April 2013
Monday, 15 April 2013
My soul friend’s name is Kaliamata, she is seven years old. Her favourite subject is reading because her mum and dad help her to read at home. Her favourite colour is red because strawberries grow into red berries. She likes playing games in class because she finish my work. Kaliamata went to Japan with her family.
Soul friends listen to each other and support each other, also promising too and make the right choices.
Monday, 8 April 2013
Friday, 5 April 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (SIMILE) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain.(METAPHORS) ✔
- He was a lion in battle.(METAPHORS) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture.(SIMILE) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine.(METAPHORS) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early.(SIMILE) ✔
- The moon was a misty shadow.(METAPHORS) ✔
- My friend has a face like a bag of spanners.(SIMILE) ✔
Now you are going to make up similes of your own by copying and finishing these sentences.
As good as gold
- As heavy as a rock. ✔
- As cold as snow ✔
- As hard as brick ✔
- She had skin like a rainbow ✔
- As cool as ice. ✔
- As quick as fish ✔
- He was slow like a turtle. ✔
- Slippery like a snail ✔